For a healthy and happy life, everyone needs at least 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night. A good night sleep keeps you fresh and energized while lack of it makes you sleepy during the day. Without sleep, you will be tired and less keen to work to your full potential. Most likely, lack of sleep at night will lead you to depression. If you are tired all the time, may be it’s time to check your sleep habits. Whatever the reason for your sleeplessness may be, you need to change your sleeping habits in order to live a happy life.
Seven Sleep Solutions
1. Say No To Caffeine – Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee, sodas in the evening. Caffeine tampers with your sleep – it refreshes your mind and body and its effect lasts for 10 hours straight. Also, it increases the urge to urinate. So, it is better that you don’t have any caffeine before you go to bed and limit your intake throughout the day.
2. Television is a Sleep Buster – You need a relaxed mind if you want to sleep. Engaging your mind in television takes that away. A dark room with no noise will put you to sleep while light and noise will hamper your sleep. You should totally avoid using the phone or playing video games or even arguing before its time for you to go to bed.
3. Just chill – The more relaxed you are, the chances are you will get better sleep. When you are mentally exhausted or worried about something, it will get difficult for you to sleep. Listening to soft music or reading a book helps you to put your mind at ease. Meditation or a warm bath also helps you to release the tension from your body.
4. Early to Bed, Early to Rise – Going to bed early is a good idea. A specific time to sleep helps in developing a routine and gradually it becomes a habit. A schedule of going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday will give you the quality of sleep that you need. In any case, if you’re not sleepy, don’t toss in the bed for more than 15 minutes. There are simple activities you can do – listen to music, read a book, meditate to help you get sleep. Worrying about your sleep will just make matters worse.
5. Dear Diary, Yours Sleepy – Sleep deprived people are usually those who worry too much either about what passed that day or for the events of the next. If you have a similar problem, here’s a tip for you – maintain a diary. Keep a notebook in handy on your bed so that you can scribble all your anxiety in it and get some rest.
6. Smoking and Drinking are Bad For Your Sleep – Quit smoking. Smoking causes a lot of problems and it should be your concern what you’re doing to your body. Pragmatically, if you can’t quit, at least don’t smoke before you’re going to bed. As for alcohol, it makes you sleepy straight away after consumption but the sleep is light. Both will tamper with your sleep habits and schedule so it is better not to indulge in either.
7. Eat Well, Sleep Well – Prefer a light meal over a huge dinner. It is advised that you never sleep with your tummy full, which means that don’t eat and sleep the next second. Your digestive system needs time to process the food. Every organ of your body needs to relax and over-working of the digestive system will definitely keep you up.
Published At: Isnare.com Free Articles Directory - http://www.isnare.com/
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=717000&ca=Wellness%2C+Fitness+and+Diet