Every time we think about starting a diet, we usually feel sad about all those favorite foods that we need to sacrifice. Yet, very few women know that foods such as pasta or chocolate can aid your weight loss, keep you full for longer and help you get a flat stomach.
Here are 5 surprising fat-burning foods that speed up metabolism:
1. Pasta: Cooked pasta and rice contains 70% water and foods that contain a lot of water can keep you satiated for longer, as shown by a research conducted by the British Dietary Foundation. Moreover, the carbohydrate-containing pasta increases the secretion of serotonin in the brain. You can eat half a cup of pasta every day, but prefer wholemeal pasta, which is rich in fiber.
2. Potatoes: Potatoes can burn fat. This vegetable is the most misunderstood food, and this is because we usually either fry or dip it into sauce and cream. But, eating baked or boiled potatoes (without butter) can help you in the battle against weight loss.
3. Peanut Butter: Rich in healthy fats, peanut butter helps you get a flat belly. Research has shown that a diet rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (found in abundance in peanut butter and other nuts), prevents the accumulation of weight around the waist, helps you burn more calories and promotes weight loss. Indeed, a recent survey by the "Harvard School of Public Health" showed that women, who ate a serving of nuts or a tablespoon of peanut butter two times a week, gained less weight than those who did not show a preference for these foods. A snack with peanut butter (one teaspoon) keeps you full for at least 2 hours, compared to a snack rich in carbohydrates, which cuts your appetite for just 30 minutes.
4. Cheese: Cheese is rich in calcium and helps you burn calories. Of course, I'm not talking about cheeses such as cheddar that are loaded with fat, but low fat cheeses. The calcium contained in cheese improves the body's ability to burn calories and fat, while lack of calcium causes the release of the hormone calcitriol, which causes further storage of fat in the body. Moreover, researchers from the University of Tennessee, claim that a diet that contains 300-400 grams of calcium every day can make you lose more weight, compared to a diet that contains the same calories, but is poor in calcium.
5. Chocolate: At least 97% of women experience cravings for sweets and especially chocolate. Nutritionists around the world have now agreed that it is better to satisfy the craving for something sweet rather than oppress it. A survey in Britain suggests that women, who oppress their need for chocolate, end up consuming 2 to 3 times more calories in various other snacks. However, it would be better to eat dark chocolate, because the darker the chocolate the more useful it is for weight loss.
Next find out the #1 method to BURN FAT FAST! Just Click Here!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_D._Miller